I love Greece. Every inch of Greece is beautiful and not just beautiful, it's jaw dropping, mind blowing beautiful. Greece is naturally blessed with oceanic landscapes having wow triggering views.
There are 100's of islands in Greece that entices you. Well we had time to cover Athens, Santorini and Crete.
Western civilization took Birth in Greece. It is really special to simply stand in a place like Athens and realize that Greek kings had walked here, history indeed is marvelous. Acropolis is as majestic as it stood 1000's of years back. The important sites like Temple of Zeus, ancient Agora and Parthenon are close to each other and can be covered by foot. You can observe ancient ruins all over the area around acropolis.
Plaka needs a special mention for its old, lazy and fun filled shopping area. There are some beautifully laid out restaurants on the steps in the way between Plaka and acropolis. I would recommend a dinner here, for there are live music and delicious authentic Greek food.
![]() |
| Acropolis-Night View |
Plaka needs a special mention for its old, lazy and fun filled shopping area. There are some beautifully laid out restaurants on the steps in the way between Plaka and acropolis. I would recommend a dinner here, for there are live music and delicious authentic Greek food.
![]() |
| We sat somewhere in the left top corner |
Swing the pendulum of the clock to meet the night and we were in Santorini. The most famous cities and places in the world would be quite different from what is expected out of it, but Santorini is a place which feeds your imagination more than what it was capable of.
Santorini is a small island with few villages spread throughout it. We rented a car which I honestly feel is a great idea because there are plenty of stops you would want to take to get fabulous views of the island.
We started next morning, exploring the island with our open top beetle and made our way to Perissa beach.
As I said, We did take 100's of Stops when ever and where ever we wanted to. The island gives you a chance to realize how beautiful earth really is. Perissa is black sand beach with a wonderful backdrop, a perfect one for summer.
![]() |
| Driving in the island |
As I said, We did take 100's of Stops when ever and where ever we wanted to. The island gives you a chance to realize how beautiful earth really is. Perissa is black sand beach with a wonderful backdrop, a perfect one for summer.
![]() |
| Pic Perfect Perrissa |
![]() |
| Running on the shore |
We started to the lighthouse which is towards the center of the island. The color of the ocean and the landscape kissing it, is perhaps nature's easiest seductive act which forces you to stop and take pictures over and over again.
![]() |
| One of those stops |
![]() |
| n-teenth stop |
The scenic marvel around light house and the cliff giving us enough view and space to place our self at the edge desire is deeply satisfying.
![]() |
| Edge Of Desire |
We made our way to fira, a slightly crowded village where most of shopping could be done. Fira has lovely winding paths with old architecture.
![]() |
| Fira |
The pics and postcards that you see of Santorini is the place called Oia pronounced as ee-ya. Well, whatever hype and expectations you have about Oia, I'm pretty sure the place for real will surpass it.
Chasing the sunset is one activity not to be missed. It's not only about sunset, but the transition of colors in Oia before sunset and after sunset. It is surreal, it really is.
The small curvy paths, artistic shops, old churches, blue domes, white washed buildings, restaurants and the view of the sea makes us an easy prey for its beauty. Although leaving this island was a pain, for the relationship between us was truly special, I'm pretty sure We will meet again.
![]() |
| Before Sunset |
![]() |
| After Sunset |
The small curvy paths, artistic shops, old churches, blue domes, white washed buildings, restaurants and the view of the sea makes us an easy prey for its beauty. Although leaving this island was a pain, for the relationship between us was truly special, I'm pretty sure We will meet again.
Next day's sunrise was in Crete. Crete is a large island with plenty of villages and pretty beaches. There are 2 airports, one at each end of the island. We landed at one end if the island and booked a flight from the other end of the island,our plan was to drive through this wonderful island exploring villages and beaches.
We rented a car and started to one of the most weirdest beaches I have ever seen, Seitan Limania.
![]() |
| Seitan Limania |
There r many beaches around the world I have seen, but what makes this one special is the path that we take and sheer magnitude of beauty that We experience. The road, as we get close to the beach is very steep with plenty of bends. I can assure you that every bend will throw a sight that is probably not available in any other part of the world. As you descend slowly you can spot a patch of opening of cliffs and ocean invading these spaces, you realize that beach is getting close to you.The staggering view is such that you run short of words to lavishly praise it.
Watch this video in you tube, the road is much more wonderful and scary than what you see but it gives you a fair idea about it:
From the car park, you need to walk down the cliff in front of you to experience this unique tranquility.
It's a small beach with no restaurants nearby, so make sure to bring some refreshments.
We spent some time and left to explore the rest of island, we stopped at many random beaches for which we don't even know the names. The best decision we took was to drive, cos throughout the path we had deep blue ocean at one end and forest, grasslands on the other.
It was a typical tropical dream destination that one could imagine of. Next village which we wanted to stop was Rethymnon. I simply loved this village cos it's so peaceful and calm. There is a castle here surrounded by markets and beautiful colorful streets.
We had a great time watching the sea shores and having a delightful lunch. We started driving again as this Greek island gracefully gave splendid views throughout.
![]() |
| Random pic during drive |
It was a typical tropical dream destination that one could imagine of. Next village which we wanted to stop was Rethymnon. I simply loved this village cos it's so peaceful and calm. There is a castle here surrounded by markets and beautiful colorful streets.
![]() |
| Drive beside Castle |
![]() |
| Market In Rethymnon |
We had a great time watching the sea shores and having a delightful lunch. We started driving again as this Greek island gracefully gave splendid views throughout.
I boarded the flight and felt as if I'm moving away from nature. Greece has been a soul stirring experience.
You can shout out some of other popular names around the world, but nothing impressed me as much as Greece. Even to this day when I recall about Greece or look at pictures I had taken, I really wonder if I saw those with my eyes and if such places actually exist on earth. Greece added more peace to my soul and more meaning to my travel mission.
-UR
uday.s7@gmail.com
-UR
uday.s7@gmail.com
















No comments:
Post a Comment